Company Profile & History
About Our Company
Parker Plant is a market leader in the manufacture and supply of reliable solutions for asphalt, crushing, screening, sand and gravel, concrete and material handling equipment throughout the World.
From its humble beginnings beneath a railway arch in Leicester, the business that Frederick Parker established in 1911 went on to achieve success around the world, with products sold to over 150 countries.
Parker Plant today continues Frederick Parker’s proud tradition of supplying high quality, reliable products to meet customers’ requirements. The Parker group now comprises the established and well respected brands of Universal Conveyors, Cartem and Phoenix Transworld, each bringing a wealth of experience and technical expertise in their respective fields.
Parker Plant's 18 acre Manufacturing Site, Leicester, UK
Parker Plant Timeline
- Fredrick Parker establishes his business inside a single railway arch located in Leicester, UK
- The business relocates to an 18 acre site
- 1950’s, 60’s & 70’s
- Parker employs over 1400 to meet demand
- 1969, 1978 & 1994
- Business wins the prestigious Queen's award for Enterprise
- Universal Conveyors acquired
- Phoenix Parker Holdings Ltd formed
- Phoenix Transworld, Cartem & Universal Conveyors marketed under the Parker brand
- If there's any information you can't find on our website, please use our contact page to get in touch.
Early Parker asphalt plants.
All Parker equipment is manufactured, assembled and tested at our site in Leicester.